Arkansas Scenes

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My First Blog

So here I go. This blog is anonymous, if you will. I have another blog. My kids, kids friends, even the ex-wife are my "friend". Sometimes I want to write about stuff that is, um, none of their business.

If you read about me, then you know I am struggling right now. Who am I? What am I? What do I want to do, like interests? I don't have any close friends, really. Kids first, you know. I was so busy taking care of everybody that I lost sight of me. The world has been changing around me while I was just spinning in place. I would love to say "Oh I wouldn't change a thing!" in reality I WOULD HAVE! I would have taken at least a day a month for me. 15 minutes of quiet time a day. I regret letting myself disappear under the layers of responsibility. There is a way to balance both, I know it now. I didn't then. It's going to be okay - just going to take some time.
I am trying to learn to meditate. I read that you have to pratice, and I have been. I don't have anyone to talk to about it. To ask questions.

Do you meditate? How do you keep your "mind" healthy?

3 comments:

Madame Belle said...

Congrats on your first blog. Though I'm not a house wife or mother, I understand what it's like when you feel things are building up to much and you just need to release it by... posting a blog with vague refrences to life. Heh heh.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the reasuring words of wisdom you left on my blog. I also know what is like to be the mom, and the wife, and the fixer of all things. When my daughter left for college I had a bad case of emptynest. I worried about her but not as much as I do now. I am just now finding the ME that got a little lost 35 years ago and I am discovering new things about myself everyday. I started this blog and I enjoy dabbling in photography and lazing around with my dogs. It takes awhile and your game and hide and seek will actually be very revealing...in a good way. Keep writing, I'll keep reading to see how your journey turns out.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm at a stage in my life where I want more. More of me, but I still have children young... Three btw 5 and 12 years. Blogs are wonderful places to write your feelings!

check out blog at Happinessbeingyou.blogspot.com